HONOLULU Magazine is seeking a Marketing Manager.
Please send resume and letter of interest to:
Alyson Helwagen, Publisher
Internal and External recruitment is simultaneous.
Marketing Manager, HONOLULU Group
Pacific Basin Communications
Works on the following titles:
-HONOLULU Magazine (monthly, 12 issues per year)
-HONOLULU Shops (quarterly, 4 issues per year)
-HONOLULU Family (quarterly, 4 issues per year)
-Whalers Village Magazine (contract publication, 4 issues per year)
-All digital companions to the above titles
Duties include but are not limited to:
* With Publisher, identify all marketing initiatives for the HONOLULU Group brands.
* Develop and implement strategic marketing plan for all 4 titles, finding opportunities for leveraging multiple HN brands simultaneously, and, when possible, including other PBC titles. Identify and execute tactical steps and resources necessary to achieve marketing goals. Evaluate market conditions, competitor data and implement marketing plan changes as needed.
* With Publisher, set and manage the budgets necessary to implement marketing plans.
* Supervise Special Projects Editor, and all needed freelancers to produce advertorial sections both in print and online.
* Conduct public relations on behalf of the titles, including writing/distributing press releases, writing copy for all marketing collateral, develop and maintain media contacts and media list, manage speaking and appearance bookings for all brand staff, assist with media/speaking training for staff when appropriate.
* With Publisher, conduct and evaluate audience and customer research, and develop and implement audience/customer growth plans based on that research.
* With Publisher and Circulation Director, plan and implement initiatives to reach subscriber and newsstand goals. Continually evaluate initiatives and refine for increased effectiveness and cost-benefit productivity.
* With the Publisher and Advertising Director, develop and maintain strategic alliances and partnerships to meet ad revenue objectives including new product/sponsorship development.
* With Publisher and Digital Media Manager, develop and implement strategic marketing plan to attract and maintain an appropriate and growing online audience, including but not limited to SEO, paid search, paid banner/other advertising, email newsletters, linking and partnerships.
* Oversee the development of marketing and promotional information on websites related to all 4 titles.
* Collaborate with Events Manager to plan and execute brand specific events that support the strategic marketing plans of each brand.
* Other Responsibilities as market and business dictate.