Author Archive | Blaine Fergerstrom
- Active AAJA members who are mid-to-senior level professionals in TV, Digital Editorial, Digital Product, Production (specifically editors and other craft positions) in news, Sports, and Entertainment are invited to apply in this form.
- As part of the application process in the form, all applicants will be asked to submit background information, a link to their website/resume, links to clips, and any awards/commendations.
- This event is available to current AAJA members with active membership status. To renew or don’t know if your membership has lapsed, you may check your membership status at www.aaja.org/Join.
The deadline to apply is Saturday, May 23 at 9:00 pm ET.
- How can we as an organization be more inclusive of Pacific Islander members?
- How can AAJA better ensure fair and accurate coverage of Pacific Islander issues? What are the weaknesses, strengths, and areas of opportunities in current coverage?
- How can AAJA help journalists who are covering Pacific Islander communities, to provide resources, context and expertise?
We hope this finds you as well as can be. AAJA firmly believes in our collective strength as a community, and as such, the health and safety and well-being of our members come first. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation, in order to determine an ethically, organizationally, and financially responsible decision for our AAJA community.
AAJA is committed to the goals and the spirit of what brings us together at convention every year — building community, networking, professional development and leadership programming, and career opportunities. We will be exploring all possible alternatives that fulfill the abovementioned goals, while we face many uncertainties due to the trajectory of this global pandemic and the decision-making processes of government officials.
We understand the great uncertainty and anxiety that you face, both in your personal and professional lives.
In that vein, we encourage you to be flexible and responsible in making arrangements in this time of uncertainty. We will be extending early bird registration to May 31 to give some flexibility.
We hope that you take the time to respond to our member needs survey here, so we may best identify how we can support you in the months to come.
We look forward to being in touch in the weeks to come with further updates on resources and programming.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
AAJA and Getty Images (my employer) have teamed up to offer this great opportunity to promote diversity and inclusion within the editorial photography industry and journalism more broadly. Candidates will be judged on the strength of their photographic portfolios, academic performance and a demonstrated commitment to the field of visual journalism.
FB: AAJA Photo